Be a responsible Visitor – Seven things you can do to help save the planet
• Conserve energy – Reduce energy by switching off lights and closing windows if heating is on. The energy Saving Trust provides information on what you can do at home
• Give the car a rest – Leave the car behind, if only for a day, walk, cycle or use public transport – bikes can be stored or we can arrange them for hire
• Shop local – use local products, they give you a flavour of the area and help support local communities. We are fortunate to have some fantastic producers of food, drink, and arts and crafts in our region. Ask about local markets or local and regional produce
• Reduce, reuse, recycle – Try to avoid overly packaged goods and say no to that extra carrier bag. Try and recycle any waste you have
• Be water wise – Please use water wisely. Turn off the tap when brushing your teeth and adhere to towel policies or other water saving initiatives
• Respect nature – Help us to look after the landscape and Wildlife by not littering, guarding against fire and using footpaths and cycle ways responsibly
• Support Green Tourism Business – There are hundreds of businesses trying to reduce their environmental impacts through the green Tourism Business Scheme. Businesses are awarded bronze, silver and gold for their efforts to be more environmentally responsible. See www.green-business.co.uk for more information
And most importantly, have a good time when you are here; we’d like you to come back.
• We comply with the requirements of environmental legislation and approved codes of practise
• We continuously seek to improve our environmental and social performance
• We reduce pollution, emissions and waste
• We reduce the use of energy, water and other resources
• We raise awareness, encourage participation and train employees in sustainable business practices
• We expect similar environmental standards from all suppliers and contractors
• We assist customers to use products and services in an environmental sensitive way
• We liaise with the local community
• We have minimised our risk associated with social and environmental issues
• We have joined the Green Tourism Business Scheme as an indicator of our sustainable practices.
Copyright © 2015 Principal Hayley Group. All rights reserved.